Aggiornato il: 5 lug 2019
This experiment is the continuation of Testing Oscillation motion (https://www.barbaraprada.com/post/testing-oscillating-motion).
I wanted to scale the prototype, more contained as it was planned for a domestic use.
- Mini servo motor
- brass sheet
- black wires
The Mini servo motor is connected directly to the Arduino.
The connections are shown in the photos below:
I have connected the wire at the tip of the brass sheet so it has more space to bend and being flexible.
At the middle of the sheet two nails fix it to the poliplat. This "platform", despite being cut functionally and not for being aesthetically pleasant, gives the opportunity to rise the sheet so the light can be incorporate underneath and giving also space to the mini servo motor to be positioned flush with it.
Proportionally it could work, so I started to prepare CAD drawings for laser cutting to acrylic.
Basically the concept is the same as the Testing Oscillation motion part 01, nonetheless all the components have been rescaled.
This object has been shown at the research Sharing event as a prototype studying in progress.
The process that I have used to improve this concept is quite satisfying; I am aware that this should be study more like the acrylic base colour and material, discussing whether blue is right or not and why.
A further discussion should be on the timing of aperture of the brass sheet, whether this should be trigger during the actual day clock or not.
I feel that there is potential on this piece and I would certainly continue to study and improve.
Related post links:
website micro servo motor code:
differences between a servo motor and a stepper motor