Aggiornato il: 4 lug 2019
Testing the geometry and the details to hold the parts.
Making the base :
- laser cutting base structure
- mild steel rod 20 mm diam.
- mild steel rod 8 mm diam.
Creating the base with the same principle as the first prototype in bigger scale.
- I have been milling in an angular direction the rod having the 2 slots perfectly aligned.
- drilling a deeper hole as the drill bit in the workshop has a limited length
With different equipment I could have drilled a deeper hole so the structure would have been more solid
Studying how to hold the metal sheet onto the rod:
Detail for holding the metal sheet:
2.5 mm steel bar
black mild steel block
the detail to hold the metal sheet has to be strong and tight as the metal sheet has got a substantial weight